Wednesday 3 December 2014

Dig Deep Recommends: Floor Jammers Vol 2


The excitement for me on this one is the vinyl release of one of the stand out tracks off the Rahaan Edits Volume 1 CD. I first heard Rahaan's take of Mass Production's Cosmic Lust several years ago on his Disco Boogie Women mix and I've been hoping someone would release it on vinyl ever since.

His edit of the jazz funk classic is pure genius, with nips and tucks in all the right places, this is probably my favourite Rahaan edit to date. An absolute bomb.

Andy Ash's Feel Groove is a beat ridden soul take of Teddy Pendergrass that tightens up the beats and adds some extra punch. A quality production from one of Liverpool's finest.

Beaten Space Probe revisit the Millie Jackson's We Got To Hit It Off which has previously been edited by Watson and was sampled on Carl Craig's remix of Tom Trago’s 'Use Me Again'. Their version is a bit of a teaser in the way it climbs then drops.

Out In The Sticks - A&S Dub is probably my 2nd favourite on offer. A fine slice of boogie funk with a liquid bassline and 80s synth action.

I doubt this will be around for long, my advice is to snap it up now.

www.juno.co.uk/products/rahaan-andy-ash-floor-jammers-vol-2/554977-01/






Juno Records latest campaign